Monday, November 6, 2017

That Was Easy

My girth saga continued in an interesting way. I posted that I had problems with the Total Saddle Fit girth and got a lot of great suggestions. But it turns out that a very work-able girth was sitting in my parents' tack room with all of the stuff I had not taken from Rico to give to TC. Rico's old girth!

I had initially not used this girth because TC was too weeny for it. It's a 28 inch synthetic Smartpak girth. It basically went all the way around on TC the first time I tried it, so he switched to the girth I used up until a few weeks ago, which was the 24 inch albion girth.

Pictured: girth; also pictured: me tipping forward and sitting to
the right lol
Neither girth is anatomical, though both have cut out areas for his elbows. While I think that TC would really like an anatomical girth that fits him, I just don't care enough to pour money into something when I have something for free (well I mean I did buy it like years ago) that works just fine.

I rode in it a couple of days (and showed in it) and didn't notice his saddle shifting tooooo much. Certainly less than with the other girth, which I think shifted when I put it on because it was too hard to get around his big barrel and easier to slip forward and get around his narrow little waist.

So I get to return all the girths I bought and save that money for later! I'm sure I'll eventually buy a fancy new girth for him, but two back to back conferences means that my credit card is all kinds of active right now, so it's nice to have something that works well enough for now.

7 comments:

  1. I love when I already own the solution haha! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guys like cheapo smartpak girths too. I keep trying to force more expensive girths on them (because I enjoy setting money on fire?) but they never work as well as the smartpak girth. Which reminds me I have TSF girth in my garage I still need to sell... my horses latest rejection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zero dollars is the best amount of dollars to spend on girths, especially when things are tight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers for not having to spend more money in the moment

    ReplyDelete