Friday, September 22, 2017

Lumpy

TC has been great this week! We test rode Monday, he got the day off on Tuesday, and then Wednesday we had a short-ish but good ride. I was a little irked with myself on Wednesday about my sudden inability that day to ride geometry (they put the letters in...). I was eager to continue riding in the court on Thursday and Friday to really buckle down on the geometry. 
 
Skeptical pony thinks that I could just ride better
Buuuuut I got to the barn on Thursday morning to find that TC was... lumpy. I'm not sure where the hives came from, but he had a couple of big ones on the right side of his barrel and then I found some smaller ones on his neck and butt. 

They weren't anywhere near the saddle, so I decided to get on him anyway. But TC let me know that he wasn't really feeling up for a ride by being especially lazy and stopping randomly on our walk. I told him it was fine and we just did a long walk around the ranch before I put him away. 

Luckily Riot had hives recently, so I stopped by the ranch for some meds. He got those on Thursday night (plus some scratches because he's a bit itchy) and will get them again this morning. Fingers crossed they work quickly and he feels better soon! Poor lumpy pony. 

3 comments:

  1. I was afraid this was going to be about a lumpy leg and I was like, noooo!!! Not that hives are great, but better than leg lumps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor lumpy baby! Feel better soon TC!

    ReplyDelete