Monday, September 5, 2016

Owniversary: Year 1

One year ago yesterday, I bought a cute little baby horse! Then he scared the hell out of me, broke himself, and drained my bank account. Awwww, I love ponies. No wait, fuck ponies. But he's still really awesome.

The first picture I ever took of him

Topline = completely different. Belly = just as big.

His face was so dark!
So much lighter!
I wanted this post to be some big long thing about TC, but the truth is that I feel like so many things are up in the air right now, it's been hard to write. I can swing it real positive, ignoring all the negativity and the unknown of how things might go. Or I can swing it real negative, ignoring the fact that I adore this horse and he is SO much fun.

So instead, let's look at how he has changed in the last year and a half that I've been riding him (let's just skip over the rehab). And let's just hope that things only get better for us over the next year. I really hope that when I've owned him for two years, I can write a really cool post about how far we've come.
First riding pictures in December 2014. Take note that while the
picture shows him on the "bit," he was just putting his head down
to fling it up again. 
Maybe in February 2015, hot damn look at that neck retraction

March 2015, so much less retraction even in a month

March 2015, it's so freakishly out of control, let me tell you
April 2015, that dip in front of his withers though... eugh
Cuuurrlllinnnggg I think in June or July 2015

So braced, again June or July 2015
July 2015

July 2015, starting to lift his shoulders

September 2015 (same day I bought him), no dip at all

September 2015

(later) September 2015, clinic with Barbi
September 2015
October 2015, riding at the new barn = curling again
November 2015, and now we're retracted again

Siiiiiiiiide step past the injury!

early July 2016
July 2016

August 2016,  I don't have much canter documentation yet
August 2016
August 2016, one of my favorite pictures of us so far, even if it
is just a screen shot.
No more dip, no more retraction, much better hind leg, much better lift in his shoulders, steadiness in the connection, and just everything. Everything is better. I can't wait to see what he looks like in a year. 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! He's looking so good- look at that last photo of him pushing from behind and living his wither!
    He's coming along- truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so good! Can I just steal his topline for Stinker? I hope all the not so great things can be resolved and you can just enjoy your fun horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has come such a long way, even despite the rehab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one year! Here's hoping the next year brings you more uninterrupted good progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some serious transformation. And those hind legs in that last shot... :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! I can't wait to see where you guys are next year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy one year! I've only been following for a few months and the changes have been so neat. I can't wait to see where you guys are in another year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have so much media to look back on, you guys have come so far & I've no doubt you've great things ahead of you 😆

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy one year! Can't wait to see what the next year holds

    ReplyDelete