![]() |
| Show number two this quarter |
2017 Q2 Goals (April, May, June)
TC
- stay sound and sane
Looking like we miiiiight have achieved this
- go off the property as much as possible
HELL. YES. We've been off the property 10 times this quarter, and hopefully will go more next quarter.
- find a trainer/clinician/someone to at least work with semi-regularly
Semi-regularly is all I got and I've been working with Tracey a bit.
- show
YES. We've done three schooling schools and are gearing up for a late start to the rated show season at the end of July.
- possibly trail ride
We did it!
| Trail ride! |
- improve the connection to the left
Yep, definitely a lot better, when we struggle, he often needs the chiro-vet. He also needs me to ride better- get my left hand forward and right hand connected.
- improve the engagement
This has definitely gotten better with more lessons.
- improve the collection at trot (and canter, but especially trot)
This has improved but will certainly be a tricky part for us given his conformation, we are working on it. Both gaits are coming along nicely.
- perfect the leg yield zig zag at the trot
Not quite perfect yet, but definitely improving
- perfect the counter canter loops
Haven't worked on them much, I wrote these goals with the idea we'd be trying to do 1-3 in like... August or September. Now I won't be doing it until at least November, if not next year. When we have worked on it though, it's been getting better even without working on it.
- improve the lengthened trot
Haven't worked on this much, see above.
- improve the lengthened canter
See above
- improve the haunches-in/renvers at the trot
See above
- improve the half pass at the trot
See above
| Tracey lesson number two this quarter |
- work on the stretch circle (and general relaxation) in new places
DEFINITELY better, we need a lot of work on our stretch circle in general, but the fact that we're getting it in new places at all and without me feeling like I'm putting my life on the line is amazing.
- improve the simple changes
Maybe worked on them once this quarter. The walk to canter is getting better, and the canter to walk exists some days and not others. With more collection in the canter, I think we're going to have some killer canter to walk transitions soon.
- if not showing, play with the flying changes a bit
We've done another day of doing one or two. One was clean and one wasn't. I haven't made this a priority. I don't want to put them on too early where he learns to do them downhill or unclean.
- install the counter canter
Did a bit of it in the large arena, he seems to sort of get it? Still working on it.
- work on the walk pirouettes
Definitely did those a bunch, he's quite good at them but I think more influence in the walk will help me tighten them up a bit.
- improve the free walk
For sure!
![]() |
| Show number three this quarter |
My Riding
- work on the sitting trot
Done! It's not good yet but I did work on it.
- fix my seat at the canter
Yep
- work to get my leg down
Much better, it's related to if I have him behind my leg or not
- carry my forearms/work on my hands being even softer
Definitely getting this
- try to ride other horses more often
Kind of failed at this
| Happy pony after his trail ride |
Msc
- work on thesis
Minimally, I'm working on getting a work from home day so that my 7am-9pm day can be reduced and I'll gain about two hours to work on other things.
- figure out what is going on with my foot
It healed well enough and I have no pain, so no doctor necessary!
- start back at the gym after dealing with the above
Not yet, I'm still working on my schedule.
- have a ridiculously good time in DC!
DONE.
- add to my savings account
Yep, I've been moderately good at saving this quarter. It's harder to save when the horse is being good because I want to do EVERYTHING with him. I need to start teaching more, that really helps boost my savings account and also lets me feel less guilty about spending money on the horse.
![]() |
| I need work for sure |
2017 Q3 Goals (July, August, September)
TC
- stay sound and sane
- get off the property as much as possible
- take a few lessons, maybe a clinic
- show at a rated show!
- earn above a 65% at Training 2 or above to get our bronze elite FSHA thing
- break into the 70s at Training level
- possibly show First level?
- trail ride more, possibly to the beach or at a few different facilities
- continue to improve the connection, getting his nose out
- continue to improve the engagement and collection at trot
- continue to improve throughness at the canter, especially in transitions
- continue to improve the collection in canter
- work on the leg yields, esp straightness and staying up to the right rein
- work on the counter canter loops
- work on the lengthened trot
- work on the lengthened canter
- work on the trot changes
- work on the simple changes
- work on the shoulder-in
- work on the haunches-in/renvers
- work on the half pass
- perfect the stretch circle
- work on the walk pirouettes
My Riding
- continue to work on the sitting trot, add it into work regularly
- keep working to get my left hand forward and connect my right rein so I stop pulling him off balance
Msc
- teach more so I can save more/do more pony things/pay for a vet bill that I'm sure TC is concocting
- try to convince boss to let me do a WFH day a week
- if that happens, work on getting a gym schedule down



woooo congrats on such an awesome and successful quarter! it really feels like TC turned a big corner, can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings!
ReplyDeleteYou go girly!
ReplyDelete