But I really need to say this: Thank you.
It was a really rough day, that Sunday. And the outpouring of support following that day and following the two terrible blog posts that I posted was incredible. I'm not the best commenter on blogs anymore just because most of my blog reading happens on my phone while I'm doing other things and it's hard to comment, but just having all those comments of sympathy and support was amazing.
| Riding this guy is still the highlight of 2017... been a bit of a rough year lol |
I also got a lot of messages- texts, emails, facebook messages, both before and after the post. I heard from bloggers I don't normally talk to, which is sweet. Even if we don't talk regularly, even if we just comment on each others' blogs, I really feel like we get to know each other, and that's so incredible in and of itself. By writing a blog you're kind of letting people get to know you that you don't know, and by reading a blog you're getting to know someone that doesn't know you. It's really unique and it's been really fun, but I never really expected it. And to have it extend to someone reaching out in a really terrible time in my life, well, I already established that there was some crying!
My friends and family were great too. I got a lot of people texting me, offering me horses to ride, and telling me I was doing the right thing. You already heard how boyfriend swept me away to an incredible concert that night. He's also just a wonderful human being and kept my mind off of the horses all week- he's amazing at cheering me up and had me laughing through my tears.
| He's my best friend, sorry everyone else |
My family was supportive, my mom has had to listen to me constantly about this horse, and I think she was just glad that I had finally decided to walk away rather than continue to pour myself into him. My dad has been pretty much overenthused about my new idea to ride Riot and take him to a couple of clinics this spring.
And man, friends are just amazing. L, Nicole, Kate, and Peony texted me and called me and harassed me online and told me to come ride with them and sympathized with me and let me know that HORSES ARE THE WORST. I've come to know these wonderful people so well over the last year or two and they're seriously the best people ever.
Peony went what I consider to an excessive amount of above and beyond though. She found my address in an earlier email or text or something and then SHE MAILED ME ICE CREAM. Like literally I have eight pints (we lucked out that the company sent the four she meant to sent a bit late, so they sent me four more for free!) of ice cream sitting in my freezer that I eat all the time. She even customized it. I won't tell you how much I've eaten of it. It's SUPER good.
| The most amazing present ever!! And omg the ice cream is delicious, I may have already finished one of the strawberry ones... |
Even though it's been a really tough winter, it's been made so much easier by this blog and the amazing friends I've made through it. Thanks you guys, this community is incredible.
<3
ReplyDeleteThat ice cream!!!!!! Bloggers are the best :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Kathryn. <3
ReplyDeleteHorses are the WORST but horse people are the BEST :)
ReplyDelete<3 Ice cream makes everything better!
ReplyDeleteHorses suck but omg when you have friends who MAIL YOU ICE CREAM! You can get through anything. Hang in there! We're all pulling for you. :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow, posted ice-cream! How perfect.
ReplyDeleteIce cream! That's amazing! I'm hoping the rest of 2017 treats you very, very well :)
ReplyDeleteWe are here for you girl!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd tomorrow I fill you with Tacos!
ReplyDelete