Thursday, January 26, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Winter Trail Riding

These pictures are from Rico's very first "trail ride" in years. This was back in... 2012 maybe? 2013? I had been rehabbing (no hills) him for a while and I found out that Harvey Bear has this 2 mile paved loop around a couple cow pastures that was pretty flat. We went out there on a cold day and he was so excited to march around the loop. We did it for a couple years before I finally let him climb some hills (oh, and his tendons remained TOTALLY FINE galloping up hills after we got our Gold, but one can never be too careful).
Happy ears (we walked on the path next to the pavement)
Remains my desktop picture even though he looks like a fucking
llama. This was pre-FEI Rico so his topline was the worst
Such a pretty place, a bit gloomy that day though
I miss these ears SO MUCH

Love these trees all over the place

One of my favorite pictures, he was STOKED when we got there
It had rained I think earlier that day or the day before


Watching cows in the distance

Eventually we made it up into those hills and he loved it 

The happiest. I know a certain hippo that stands like that. I might
have a type... 

5 comments:

  1. This looks like an absolutely beautiful place to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Rico! I hope he is starting to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous place, and Rico is the cutest llama ever. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos - the gloominess makes then very atmospheric. I hope Rico is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those photos!!! And <3 Rico

    ReplyDelete