My oldest niece is 3 years old and her little sister is coming up on her first birthday this summer. And TC is completely enamored by them. I don't post pictures of their faces just to protect privacy, so you'll just have to believe me (and a screenshot) when I tell these stories.
| Picture this but with two little girls on his back, so adorable |
First, he DID decide to come in last Friday when I went to get him, which was a surprise. Until I turned around and realized he was marching right up to the older kiddo who was walking up with my brother. He's learning to let her groom him without accidentally knocking her over or stepping on her.
While her precious Sunny Horse (who does not like her nearly as much as TC does) doesn't move a muscle when she grooms him, TC doesn't understand that tiny humans don't predict his every move. Only recently have I realized how much the horse wiggles in the cross ties and how much I just get out of his way while grooming him. I definitely had to snatch her away from him as he shifted his weight into her. Soooo he's getting some "don't accidentally mow children down" lessons.
But all the other kid stuff is easy for him. The oldest one will run through the barn in front of him, play with her little broom, drag a pitchfork, and climb on and off a saddle we put on a haybale for her, and he doesn't care whatsoever.
| Baby face, no, baby hand and my horse's soft eye, yes |
He's also totally fine with strollers, and by totally fine, I mean that he's a stroller seeking missel and he will absolutely flip the top open to find the baby inside. Even strangers, like they'll be concerned that he's spooking when we're on the trail and I have to be like no... he's not afraid, he just wants to boop your baby and I'm trying to explain to him that he can't.
And then on Friday, when little sister was being held by my dad, she reached out to him, grabbed both his nostrils in her tiny baby hands, and SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER (in like a happy baby way but holy shit this kid is LOUD). He just stood there quietly, nostrils gripped tightly in her tiny fists.
| The GRIP |
Anyway, I have all of these adorable images floating in my mind of the girls riding him double on the trails and TC being the best babysitter. I can't wait! Older one knows that she has to be cantering Miss Kate's ponies before she is allowed to ride TC, she's counting down the days (years) I'm sure.
Gwyn is the same way with my kids and it's the most adorable thing ever. TC is the bestest boy/big brother to those little girls!
ReplyDeleteTC and the baby nostril grip win the internet <3
ReplyDelete