Friday, April 21, 2023

Back on the Trails

TC's stifle acted up a few weeks ago as if I needed a reminder that we hadn't been able to get out on the trails in exactly two months. I gave him some time off and bute and he was fine once we got back to work and started climbing hills again. 

There is SO MUCH GRASS up there

He takes about 5 trail rides to stop being so impressed by everything up there. And this might take longer because the trails are so overgrown that both times we've been up there, he's been VERY offended that he isn't allowed to graze the whole time. Rude of me, honestly. 

He's still the best trail horse, even though I had to get off last time because seeing a family of deer and then the neighbors making noise was too much for him and he insisted that grazing was the only way he wouldn't have a meltdown. But other than that he's been amazing. I mean even then I was bareback and just annoyed at him, not afraid that anything would actually happen. 

Love this view, especially when it's green


Family of deer

I'm glad to have the trails. Honestly it's so nice to be able to give him a solid ride in like... 30 minutes. It's got a nice slow climb to the gate, then a few steep places to get him a good workout in, then a nice slow descent back down to the barn. I can do one loop in 25 minutes or two loops in like 40 minutes. Because I go out bareback, it's super quick! I think this is probably one of the major selling points of staying at the ranch for me, previously I had to haul out and even if I'm just going on a quick ride, that still adds so much time. 

Hello paradise 

Very happy to be out and about again

Hopefully it stays clear from now on so that we can keep trail riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment