Monday, December 3, 2018

November Crossfit Post

Because of the smoke this month, it was kind of a bad month for CrossFit. We had two weeks where we were stuck in the gym (we normally work out outside, which can be cold but is generally amazing), trying to fit our work outs in between everyone else. And then after the smoke cleared... I mean my lungs are still not feeling great. So knowing this, I made sure to basically take it easy this month.

These haven't changed

Neither have these, really

I had also been a little tiny bit discouraged that everyone seemed to be hitting these big PRs, but I had a talk with myself about it and I feel better. First, I am way lanky and not at all purpose bred for weight lifting. Second, my nutrition does need work and it's something I struggle with due to my past, it's really hard for me to hit my macros and to even get enough calories every day. The last half of this month it's been ROUGH.

Third, this is not my main sport and so I can't take risks in the same way I could if it didn't matter if I got hurt, I know I could probably get a heavier deadlift but I don't want to risk my back and I know I could probably clean more but I don't want to risk my back. Fourth, everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, I can out-plank everyone at the gym and find rope climbs and hand stands really easy and usually don't fatigue as quickly during workouts. Fifth, I want this to be a lifelong sport, so I can't just go every single day really hard and either destroy my body or destroy my motivation, so it's not a bad thing if I just hang out for a month or two without going for any maxes.

That being said, I did still hit some PRs at the beginning of the month.

Achievements in November
11/2/2018 - PR: 125lb Box Squat (needed the tiniest bit of help getting out of the hole)
11/5/2018 - PR: 60lb Power Snatch
11/6/2018 - PR: 65lb Bench Press (3 reps)
11/6/2018 - PR: 155lb Deadlift

In addition, I'm very comfortable now getting to the very top of the rope. I am figuring out double unders, and though I haven't been able to get more than my previous max (I think 5 or 6), I have been able to get that number way more consistently.

This month (December) is sadly my last month at this Crossfit, I'll be posting something really sappy in my next post I'm sure. But I'm prepared to operate at about 80% at my new place for a month or two, so these posts may get boring. I'm looking forward to seeing what my new coaches can help me with, and I will definitely be heading up here frequently to see my amazing coach up here. I will really miss these wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in not posting a ton of November workouts, I've been gone more than I'm at home. Makes it hard! It's tough not to look at my friends making gains while I'm constantly in this cycle of working out > not working out > slowly building back up all the time.

    So sorry you're leaving the awesome box! What a bummer. Hope the new one is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a secret talent for side planks - even 8 months pregnant I could outdo pretty much everyone in my conditioning class. But yeah, I don't really touch anything bigger than a 12 lb dumbbell.

    ReplyDelete