After harassment from Nicole to volunteer at the WSS event, I agreed when it was apparent that L and I would both be in the area. Unfortunately, L didn't make it, and you can read about why on her blog! So it was just me, Peony, and Andy on Friday night and it was AWESOME (but L was definitely missed, especially with all the pony talk and lack of unconscious cuddling in their guest bedroom).
Andy BBQed and we all talked horses while I contemplated how it might be possible to steal a dog. There's always a lot of good pony talk with pony friends and blog talk with blog friends and it's so fun to do both. We talked about everything from Spot's really really interesting breeding, to TC plans, to why Andy's new horse needs to have some version of "Up-gray-dd" (gah Peony I forgot how you spelled it!) as a show name, and more. We, uh, kind of stayed up way too late for the hour we needed to get up to be able to have breakfast and get going.
| My jumps! |
Then at the grocery store we stopped for snacks, and I got some chai. Coffee and chai in the same morning, a morning where I was facing meeting a million new people at a new place and doing a thing outside my normal schedule, oh and generally I'm really sensitive to drugs. I was basically trembling by the time I was half way through my chai. I was probably the closest I've ever been to doing cocaine. We took separate cars on the way to the event since it put me closer to home and I'm glad we did because I was full of energy bouncing around trying to find a radio station. When we got to the event, all the jump judges were in the office and I like had to remove myself from the situation because I was so amped that I couldn't handle everyone else's adrenaline. Because caffeine. Craziness. I should not do drugs ever.
Eventually I calmed down, not before talking my trainer friend's ear off about why 4-3 is the devil and how LB was the day before and what my student's plans are and how I might become a dog thief and how her judging went and how I want to do the L program but there isn't one any time soon and I should have done the one that's just ending now but I thought they happened more often and I was in grad school and poor but now I guess I'm just as poor and I dunno should have probably done it right, right RIGHT? She's seen me at horse shows so seems immune to my weirdness.
| Look at these dummies, their gate is open to the big pasture but they're eating the sprigs in the smaller sacrifice area |
The whole day made me fluctuate between that's it, I'm selling TC and am going to buy an event horse and I'll jump again and it will be great! and why the fuck do people do this sport, that was so scary. For now at least, I'm sticking with dressage, although Peony and I had fun imagining Rico and I doing Intro at one of these events. Not sure if it'd be more embarrassing to win against children on ponies/adults on green horses or be beaten by them as my horse refuses to jump colored sticks and goes lame while trotting downhill.
Peony has it in her head that I should take TC to one of these things, whiiiich might happen eventually, although can you get disqualified if your horse doesn't LEAVE the water complex?
| Not coming to an event near you |
I am so mad I couldn't make it, we could have been accomplice dog thiefs and yes your hippo would just make a home in that water complex lol
ReplyDeleteAND we could have converted you to eventerland!!!
DeleteYou were very much missed! Though completely understandable due to the shit show. I'll for sure need an accomplice to steal Rio, she is distractingly cute and we might not get away with it.
DeleteI totally feel you on the fluctuating feelings. There are days where I wonder why I am not independently wealthy so I can afford a fancy prancing horse to teach me and a cute OTTB so I can play around at the low levels of eventing. Then I remember that I actually do like my little Stinker...
ReplyDeleteEvery now and then I question why I'm not jumping anymore, but every time I start jumping I get bored and frustrated anyway. I think if I were to jump again, I'd need a lot of money- I'd want to replace all my jump tack and get a horse who has already been started over fences and haul out for jump lessons 2x/week. So that's my excuse for now! My future barn brings Greg Best in a couple times a year, so I might do a day with him next year or the year after to let TC have fun over fences. But that's not exactly me picking up jumping again lol. Maybe one day. When yeah I'm independently wealthy.
DeleteTC will be the only horse to get a mandatory retirement in a water complex from stopping and laying down in it to roll.
ReplyDeleteWould that be MR or RF? Lol! Yah that'd be extremely unfortunate, yet very likely.
DeleteSounds like a blast! I've never been to an event before
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love it- sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteOmg you have to do intro just one time so you can dress TC up in all the eventer shit. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is possibly the most impressive run-on sentence I've ever seen. And I hear that hippos are totally at home in the water, so obviously he should just hang out there.
ReplyDeleteSo fun!!!! And yes omg please take Rico to an intro event!!! They usually separate out by age anyway so no worries about making the small children cry haha
ReplyDelete