Saturday, July 19, 2014

Transitions

Something kind of unbelievable happened today. I got a video of Rico and I schooling piaffe and passage! Sorry for the quality...


So this weekend my best friend is staying with me at my parents' place because they're gone! We've had a totally obnoxious girly weekend, which boyfriend totally appreciates me getting out of my system while he's gone. We did crafts, watched a couple of chick flicks, baked WAY too many sweet things (sorry parents), and rode ponies. 


I made two terrariums this weekend..

Little succulents

These dorks...

This morning we got up to find that the water was STILL off (I had to give Rico yesterday off because of it). So we took Rico and Stretch on a trail ride to get Rico some cardio. About half way through the trail ride, I got a call from my dad who told me how to turn the water back on.

Poor Rico! 

So we went to school and bff took pictures! She said he looked awesome (she took the pictures from Rico's very first Alfredo clinic in November) so I asked for a video. 

You can see the unevenness in the right hind, he just doesn't push hard with the left hind and engage with the right. He's always been that way. Heidi and I aren't concerned, she's given me some exercises to work on and I've been doing them. 

What I am SUPER happy about is that he's very active and very round, the transitions are pretty flawless for a horse with only 8 months of piaffe and passage training, and HE STAYED IN FRONT OF ME OMG. There is no hint that the horse may stop in those transitions. What a good freaking horse, and even after an hour of (light) hill work! It was 90 degrees too :) 


Pictures soon! I'm updating photoshop and learning some fancy photoshop tricks to change the way I edit the pictures. I should have them ready by tomorrow night or Monday. Tuesday is Heidi and Wednesday I leave for Southern California to visit my boyfriend's family and then my brother! 

2 comments: