| Look at those dapples!! |
| Happy boy on a walk down the road this spring |
| I did get on him this spring, he was totally happy about it and felt pretty stable, but I cried the entire time and on and off for the rest of the day lol so I think it's best if we don't |
The funniest thing he does on a regular basis is escape his stall. Now, TC has escaped his stall twice during his time at the ranch, and I regularly leave it open while I'm cleaning his paddock. Once, TC got out overnight when no one was around and he just ate his breakfast hay and then walked to his paddock gate (on the side of the barn) and stood there all night waiting to be let back in. Like, there were bales and bales of alfalfa on the other side of the barn but he ignored them. He could have also gone and ate the lawn, but no, he wanted back in (his stall door was wide open?).
The other time he got loose was while we were feeding, he walked out into the aisle and then just froze and looked over at where we were working on the hay/grain and just waited patiently for me to come get him and put him back. TC is too pure and too sweet for this world (and okay I'll admit it, too dumb).
| Like he follows me around like this when I try to step back to get a picture, it's so sweet! |
Rico on the other hand, is totally rude about escaping. But at this age, I kind of secretly let him escape. He likes to sneak out and eat some of the hay on the barn, but once he reaches a certain threshold, he zips out of the barn and out to the front of the barn to eat weeds. However, if you start to follow him, he trots off down to the lawn where he snatches at grass until you catch up to him, then he trots off again toward the gate.
I think if the gate were open, either the gate to the tracks or the gate out the front of the property, he'd be long gone!
| He likes to stare at himself in the sliding glass door |
| So feral |
When I take him for walks down the road, he's equally as feral. He likes to go first... like in front of me. Which is fine I guess? And all he wants to do is trot down the road to the neighbor's pastures and stare at the horses and cows there. Then he wants to trot all the way back, diving aggressively for the weeds on the side of the road. This is maybe why he wants to go first because he has leverage against me.
Oh and he (playfully) nips at me if I try to dissuade him from doing this. So obnoxious! He also likes to lick the dog and bother her too.
| Literally WHY Rico |
| Being so silly |
| She actually comes over and asks for this attention |
Anyway, he is completely feral, I'm not sure how much more feral he can get but I don't want him to think that's a challenge.
Yay Rico! OG looks great. Would he like to be ponied off TC for longer walks? (once TC is rehabbed?)
ReplyDeleteThis made me smile. ❤️ He looks great!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing more entertaining than an elderly horse who's paid all their dues and now gets to be absolutely ridiculous with zero consequences, although my 37-year-old Skye does get locked in the small paddock when the riding school kids around because of her penchant for biting moms when they don't surrender their carrots lol
ReplyDelete