I got the okay to go back to riding before I got the okay to go back to CrossFit. But I was allowed to go back mid-June and I did! For one class.
My issues with my gym have been that they really emphasize cardio and then suddenly we're doing a month of testing to see how heavy I can get these lifts that I never practice. In addition to disliking cardio and loving to lift, I also just can't see how this is effective training.
Luckily my gym listened to their members complaining that there wasn't enough barbell work and implemented new barbell classes! That were uncoached... uh. So I went to one of them and it was all self paced and a normal class was going on at the same time. Cool. I can do that at home.
![]() |
| Love this trail! |
So fingers crossed that goes well and I can get back to it!
I always feel better when I'm working out. My riding is better (right now my sitting trot is so weak), my anxiety is better (I'm doing fine on that front though), and my eating is better (I basically eat one meal a day when I'm not active enough and then I feel like crap). So I'm excited to get back into it.
I have had my training bar for about a month now and love it. I just kind of wander by it and do a few cleans or some pause squats or what not. I'm fully aware that I don't do enough of the lifts I don't like (ask me how many times I've worked on snatches, hah, none), but it's nice to be able to incorporate barbell work into my home workouts (which again are mostly just fun things, I am not disciplined).

Hopefully you find a gym you like! I found a gym I really love (not crossfit because #poor) but even liking that gym... I had to try out a bunch of different classes/trainers before I found anyone that I really liked.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard! I don't know why I accept that finding the right dressage trainer/shoer/boarding situation is so difficult but expect to find the perfect gym in no time. All of this is hard!
DeleteYou and I are in roughly the same place, although I definitely didn't have mono. I haven't worked out consistently in about six weeks now between LASIK and work going nuts all of a sudden, and as a result my diet and riding and sleeping are off the rails too. I'm getting back into it with light weights but it's annoying to start over AGAIN. Oh well, what can you do? I hope the new gym is the right fit for you!
ReplyDeleteIt's so frustrating to be out for any reason! I also really can't stand the feeling of starting over, which is where I'm at too. But I went to the new gym yesterday and so far so good! I go again on Friday, I'm really hoping it works out because I'm quickly running out of gyms with 6:30 classes that are anywhere near my work lol
Delete