Monday, May 20, 2019

Finally Visiting TC

I went to the barn on Friday! Then needed to sit at home both Saturday and Sunday to recover... But let's focus on the barn.

TC was stoked to see me and I felt the same way! I was able to brush him and pick out all his feet before needing to sit down in the car, which I thought was pretty good. It gave him time to finish his grain.
So cute, very dirty though
I wanted to get him out, so I took him on a walk and made it just past the turnouts before I had to sit down again. I was sitting there with him grazing next to me when I realized that the turnouts were open and I could just put him in one and then sit and watch him. So I did! And it was way better for both of us.

He wandered over to the horses who live next to the turnout and played with them a bit, then wandered all over the turnout. A horse got put next to him and TC quickly trotted over to say hi and was probably over enthusiastic. He galloped around a couple of times and trotted up and down next to the new horse, who wanted nothing to do with him. All while the other three just watched and begged him to come back. Just ridiculous.

Wanting to hang with this friend
It was so fun to see him play and so fun to be out at the barn, even if I spent most of the time sitting in the dirt watching him in turnout. We've had some rain, but I think when the turnout dries out again, I'll make this a regular occurrence until I can start long lining him. My plan is that as I get better, he will get in better shape with long lining and ground work. When I'm clear to ride, we'll both be hopefully equally as out of shape.

It seems silly, but again that day knocked me out for the rest of the weekend. My fever is gone, but my temperature is actually now abnormally low, which is not unusual for an infection. I'm still finding a way to worry about it though, don't worry. And I've been nauseous nonstop since Friday, so that's been fun. Yay the next month is going to be an absolute blast.

These friends aren't interesting

I go into the doctor today (and then I'm hoping the nausea goes away so I can grab poke from my favorite place on the way back) for a check up. I was diagnosed at urgent care and they can only give you a three day note for work. I need something longer. The other good news is that HR has not totally rejected my desire to work from home. So I am going to have the doctor write a note that details what I am allowed to do, which is probably just everything but go into the office.

Fingers crossed HR okays this and I don't have to deal with the loss of income from going on critical leave. My awesome boss found me a contract job through our professional organization though, so that's helpful regardless! I'm excited to have some work to do and hopefully it will feel like I just decided that I was going to work from home for a month... and not ride... hrm.

7 comments:

  1. Im sorry you're sick. Glad you got yo see TC and I hope you're feeling better sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you’re sick! Fingers crossed for Poke and a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed HR approves you working from home, and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to make it out to the barn, sitting in the dirt still totally counts as positive horse time. Hope that nausea goes away soon, that is a horrible feeling, poor you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im glad you took the opportunity to get out and about. Be careful about putting obligations and requirements on yourself, as you might be your worst enemy here. Embrace the rest your body requires. It just is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wise old Japanese woman gave me this finger pressure exercise to do to stimulate my natural immune system. It requires almost no energy or effort, and who knows? Maybe it could work? You essentially pinch the sides of your nailbed for 10 seconds each. This blog post talks about it.
    https://www.alwayswellwithin.com/blog/2013/02/17/balance-your-emotions-and-body


    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are starting to feel better~

    ReplyDelete